In the prestigious setting of the Four Seasons Hotel, in the center of Milan, Res presents its collection of doors and boiseries, displayed with new finishes and combinations of materials.
Fan, Luna, Miss, Flexi join Doga and Singly in a refined and design environment.
Choosing to install boiserie elements in your bedroom equates to personalizing the most private environment of your house in a refined, yet functional way. As a matter of fact, wooden paneling is currently declined in extremely versatile and sophisticated ways, designed to meet very different requirements in terms of style and performance.
Colored door handles are one of the most identifying components of style, and hence can contribute significantly to the personalization or definition of the design of your rooms. In this sense, identifying the right door handle not only in terms of lines and materials, but also colors, is an indispensable requirement for the success of any interior design project that takes into consideration every single detail.
Defining and choosing the perfect walk-in closet for your bedroom is equivalent to having a piece of furniture designed to enhance order, comfort and organization of clothes of all kinds. At the same time, walk-in closets are an elegant protagonist of the design of your spaces.
Wainscoting, also known as paneling, is not only a type of workmanship suitable for classic, Provencal, shabby chic or traditional environments. On the contrary, this interior design solution can also be used in more modern and contemporary styles, adapting high-end craftsmanship that is so typical of boiserie to the modern needs of formal cleanliness, essential styling and evolved colors.
What is a wall system if not the perfect integration between design and functionality, and at the same time a smart and versatile way to use the vertical surfaces of a space?
When it comes to wall systems in contemporary style, there are many solutions available for virtually any room in the house, from the living area to the night area. What is important to understand, in order to define the best wall system, are the unique needs of those who live the spaces. The basic principles to consider include the ability of this interior design element to grant both performance and personality to the space in which it will be installed.
The typical features of a wall system in contemporary style include clean shapes, linear design, single elements, usually geometric and very fluid in composition and aesthetics. The decorations are generally minimal, while contrasting colors may be present to attract the eye. The colors can be intense or neutral, but always bright and very original, and often enhanced by lacquered finishes. A high-quality wall system in contemporary style becomes immediately visible and is the real protagonist of the room.
Are you pondering over whether to change your kitchen doors? Here are some tips to work best.
First of all, you should remember that your home’s internal doors are a crucial element of style that define the personality of the environments, therefore, they need to take into account a series of not only technical criteria but also stylistic:
- Opening systems
When we talk about changing the kitchen doors, we must also always keep in mind that this home environment is one of the most important ever. A kitchen is a place where we spend a lot of time and moments oriented towards privacy, sharing and conviviality. For this reason, everything that helps to define the style and functionality of the kitchen must always be chosen carefully.
To change the kitchen doors, the first requirement to keep in mind will be the style of the rooms. Do you have a modern kitchen, characterised by clean and essential lines, very light or bright colours, finishes in hyper-modern and minimalist materials such as stainless steel or glass? If the answer is yes, the kitchen door will also have to match this “character”, so as to create visual and perceptive continuity between the different rooms and between the elements inside the room.
If, on the contrary, your kitchen is in a classic style, perhaps made of wood according to traditional criteria, the kitchen door will also have to respect the same requirements of elegance, sumptuousness, a combination of colours and materials, and the possible presence of elaborate finishes. The combination of different wood essences could prove to be more difficult than expected, and this is why our advice is always to rely on the advice and experience of professionals in the sector to identify the solution that is really for you.
Another important factor to take into consideration when deciding to change the kitchen doors is, of course, light. If your kitchen is rather limited in terms of size or not particularly bright, you can choose a glass door or with glass inserts, so as to favour the passage of natural light coming from the other rooms. Obviously, the opposite is also true: if the kitchen is very bright but the same cannot be said of the adjacent room, the choice of a transparent or semi-transparent door will allow most of the sunlight to reach areas that, otherwise, would not be lit.
When you change your kitchen doors, remember that the direction of opening (or the closing and opening system) is absolutely essential for a good performance: you can choose between hinged doors if the available space is adequate, or opt for space-saving solutions such as folding or sliding doors where space is limited. In any case, always take into consideration the position of the systems and any obstacles, so as not to create unwanted “clutter” once the door is open.
These are our general tips for changing kitchen doors without making gross mistakes. Why not request a dedicated consultation for your project directly from the RES experts? We are always at your disposal: all you have to do is contact us!
When the problem arises of which door handles to choose, for your various environments, you must take into account that the handles must match the doors and that the latter must guarantee a perfect synergy with the rooms and style of your home, office or representative place that you intend to set up.
Starting from this assumption, it is easy to understand how a correct choice in terms of door handles strongly influences the aesthetics of a living space since these components are proper pieces of furniture and design that give style and personality.
In general, a number of factors must be taken into account to choose the most suitable door handles :
For each of these, performance and high aesthetic value must always be taken into consideration.
Let’s take a look at some examples of the standard combination of doors and handles, starting from the most well-known models and styles, to allow you to understand the general rules that should always be applied:
- Handles for wooden doors: if you love these classic and traditional solutions, which make the interior warm and welcoming, you can consider the choice of handles with gold, chrome or bronze finishes, particularly suitable for dark wood essences. If your doors are made of light wood, we advise you to focus on handles with matt or steel finishes, both in glossy or satin versions. Also with regard to the style of the doors, essentiality can be accompanied by the choice of more modern materials and colours for the handles, while the handles in gold or burnished bronze will match well with more classic doors.
- Handles for coloured doors: if you have chosen coloured doors for your rooms, you will first have to identify the dominant and recurrent shade so as to create perfect harmony and not, on the contrary, an alienating effect to the eye. If your doors are yellow, you can use semi-transparent acrylic door handles, which recall the chromatic nuances without exasperating them. In other cases, and especially if the doors are colourfully very bright, choosing a neutral colour for the handle will be the winning solution.
- Handles for glass doors: when the doors have completely glazed surfaces or glass or crystal panels, it is essential to identify their style well. Minimalist or classic? Squared or rounded? It is based on aesthetics and form that you will have to choose your door handles. The squared lines are perfect for a tidy and rigorous effect, while the more curvaceous ones will allow you to soften the visual impact.
The ones we presented are just some of the many combinations that can be created between door handles, surfaces and room styles. However, if your interior design solutions are unique, special and specifically designed, the advice of professional experts such as those made available by RES will always prove to be the ideal solution to create perfect combinations.
Can modern boiserie be used to furnish homes and living spaces in a contemporary style? What are the most suitable furnishing applications for modern boiserie currently available?
First of all, it is good to clarify what is meant by this term and where it was created.
The term boiserie was coined in medieval times and indicates large and small finishes and decorations made on the walls to decorate rooms and give a touch of originality and splendour. The most used of all times, as well as those most known, are those in wood, also designed to furnish more common and less luxurious spaces.
To date, the design techniques applied to the construction of modern boiserie are constantly evolving, with the aim of offering the customer customised and suitable solutions to furnish each living space. Moreover, modern boiseries can be created and positioned in every room, from the living room to the kitchen, from the bedroom to the bathroom, to create unique and original details in each room. These finishes are not only used in homes and apartments but can also be used in shops, wellness centres, lobbies, corridors and in any other place where you want to give a touch of originality and additional care.
Modern boiserie can be used anytime, anywhere, as long as the style of each room is taken into account, thus creating unique and neat shapes that will integrate into the room giving a visually appreciable overall harmony.
Modern boiserie: what are the possible applications of furniture?
As previously mentioned, modern boiseries can be used in different living spaces, both private and in public areas, enriching them, but also to cover some details or defects that we do not want to display, as they are deemed unharmonious with the rest of the area.
Bearing these factors in mind, a multitude of living spaces and contexts where inserting a modern boiserie is presented before our eyes.
- To mask walls with irregular surfaces or to protect them from defects created by humidity. In this way, it is possible to create a sort of “cover” to line the walls to hide, highlighting instead some details of the environment where they are installed.
An advantage given by the use of modern boiserie on walls is that of creating a welcoming, warm and enveloping environment, yet at the same time sophisticated and elegant. The contemporary nature of the boiserie will not, in fact, be given by the solution in itself, but by the context within which it will be positioned and the processes that will characterise it.
- To make furniture inserts and accessories, to be placed on the walls or to be fitted to shelves and bookcases. These contemporary boiseries are perfect to enhance your home’s spaces and corners, making them unique, elegant and designed well.
Wood is a natural and precious material, noble and capable of transmitting warmth and a sense of unparalleled hospitality, which is why boiserie is indicated to embellish any room where it is installed.
- To hide the shutters boxes, elements that people do not like seeing in their rooms. Creating a custom-made boiserie around a box represents added value for the room, a peculiarity that can hide elements that are not very appreciated. Creating fake beams or ceilings that can mask them, doors or other purely ornamental details will allow these elements to be hidden from view.
Modern boiserie for bedrooms
Modern bedroom boiseries help implement the style of the room through both decorative and functional components. Brands specialised in this type of solutions, such as RES, create modern boiserie for bedrooms that can be incredible aesthetic assets but also equipped walls, where there is a need for real use of space.
Modern boiserie for bedrooms can be different from the rest of the house’s style or confirm it in stylistic and chromatic choices, helping to enrich the living spaces but also making them more performing. Modern boiserie that cover entire walls of the bedroom can include doors or furnishing elements, entrances to walk-in wardrobes, TV mounts and other components, especially if the solution is made ad hoc to the customer’s specific requests.
Modern boiserie for living room and kitchen
The modern boiserie for a living room and kitchen “break” the preconceived idea that the boiserie is, by its nature, an element characterised by traditional and very classic lines and works, sumptuous and ideal only for stylish homes.
Limiting these important pieces of furniture to this would be a mistake: modern living room and kitchen boiserie not only exist but define and implement the style of the living spaces with a flash as elegant as contemporary, the result of a wise synergy of colours, design, application materials and functionalities. Modern boiserie for the living room and kitchen can host, within them, real “useful” and manageable spaces: from compartments to cabinets, from shelves to lighting, thus contributing to the performance of the living spaces.
Typically, modern boiserie for living rooms and kitchens can satisfy the most varied aesthetic requirements thanks to ad hoc creations not only in terms of size but also of colours, designs, materials and styles. Getting in touch with RES experts will allow you to design completely customised solutions and create modern boiserie for living rooms and kitchens that fully meet the specific requirements of your home.
Have you ever heard of a TV boiserie mount? Or, more specifically, of contemporary style boiserie that is designed to be real equipped walls, design panels that cover entire surfaces where you can insert functional elements (and not only aesthetic ones) that have the purpose of making the most of the available space?
TV boiserie mounts are, in fact, not only simple pieces of furniture that allow you to create suspended “TV mounts”, but design structures that define the personality of the entire living space. TV boiserie mounts transform the TV screen into a sort of suspended “virtual window“, giving the visual perception of an opening inside an equipped wall and that, to the eye, guarantees airiness and style.
When buy or request an ad hoc design of a TV boiserie mount, it is important to remember that these wall units are designed to decorate the vertical surfaces of the rooms with style. If in ancient times (even since the Middle Ages) boiserie was a wooden decoration used in noble palaces, the current applications allow us to interpret this essential furnishing element so that it meets the most varied aesthetic and performance needs.
TV boiserie mounts and, more generally, modern boiseries and equipped walls are ideal for making the best use of vertical surfaces both in large rooms and in smaller rooms, not only for the intrinsic design they guarantee but also for the great differentiation of the living spaces that they contribute to.
Do not think that TV boiserie mounts are necessarily sumptuous solutions: in their most contemporary versions, these elements can now present themselves as true minimal items, which personalise the wall without overdoing things. Not only ornamental in character, therefore, but also an utmost real utility.
TV boiserie mounts and equipped walls: RES solutions
RES, an Italian brand of international importance and prestige specialising in doors, locking systems, boiserie and interior design elements, offers its customers a wide range of solutions and coatings for those who want to redefine the style of their walls.
So let’s look at RES solutions in terms of modern boiserie:
- Doga: not just a simple TV boiserie mount, but a complete renewal of the concept of wall panelling, interpreting more sophisticated and contemporary terms. We do not have only panels that cover the wall, but elements of style that give character and personality to the living spaces. The vertical slats, a characteristic of the Doga solution, create plays of light and depth. The system is completed by hinged or sliding doors, by niche-closing doors, and has an integrated predisposition for TV, TV cabinets and shelves.
- Singly: a TV boiserie mounts that represents the new concept of space management and distribution designed for the home, office, shops, hotels. This modern boiserie allows the creation of self-supporting walls that contain hinged doors or walls positioned to cover the walls. It can combine various materials such as porcelain stoneware, retro-lacquered or reflective glass, wood, lightened marble or any type of surface on a panel. The completeness of this modern boiserie is really noteworthy: from the fixed transom top corners, including integrated lower LEDs into the panelling and also LEDs integrated into the door thanks to electrified hinges. Not only: Singly also includes the possibility of inserting electric locks or other home automation devices. Lastly, there are suspended storage boxes or storage cabinets with open shelves or closing doors, in wood or glass.
- Wave: why limit yourself to a simple TV boiserie mount when you can have far more? Furrows that intersect and modulate the flat surface, creating chiaroscuro and particular plays of light. Like a sculpture with details of a strong aesthetic and formal characterisation. A moulded surface, apparently irregular, is the creative input of this project. The result is a wall covering that integrates various elements, including hinged doors. Wave, in all the standard dimensions of a hinged door, is available in matt lacquered, glossy lacquered finishes.
“Hidden cables TV furniture” or “TV furniture with cable management” is one of the most appreciated design solution for the interior design of your TV area. The purpose of this furniture is to hide the TV cables so that they are virtually non-existent.
No one likes to notice black and white wires and cables running along the floor and to the socket.
In addition, electrical wiring can also be a danger if placed in a passage area because you can trip and hurt you.
So the interior design solutions are designed to hide the TV cables through the design of special furniture.
Hidden cables TV furniture can be used both for wall mounted TV units and for panel TV, as well as for televisions placed in a special cabinet. All these solutions are, in fact, ideal for your home relaxation area and the choice will depend on the style you want to obtain or the space you have.
Let’s now understand how these hidden cables TV solutions work.
- In case you have a wall mounted TV, a way to hide the cables is to choose a furniture-frame with cable ducts. In this case, only a thin column, usually made of hard plastic material which reaches the socket will be visible.
- The interior design solution therefore provides for a cable column integrated into a minimalist and essential furniture. An alternative to hide a wall mounted TV cables is to break the wall in order to insert the built-in electrical boxes to which the socket is connected. Obviously, the result of this intervention is aesthetically perfect but you should consider its invasiveness and the times of execution, which involve breaking operations, use of plaster, drying, sanding and painting of the wall.
- If the TV is installed on a panel, the cables will be hidden at the back of the TV. The panel will be fixed to the wall in perfect adherence or slightly detached (generally a few millimetres are sufficient). These panels, which are real furnishings and are often part of a whole structure for the relaxation area, are drilled for the cables passage behind the television and, if necessary, inside the wall. In the more advanced versions, these hidden cables panels are also directional, swivel and rotating, enabling the TV accessibility from different points in the room.
- Finally, there are design TV cabinets where the TV is housed inside a special door compartment. This is also an effective solution to hide the cables. This type of design cabinet is available in various styles, sizes and models. It can also contain a comfortable bookshelf besides the sliding door TV cabinet. It is precisely the latter that allows the almost invisibility of the cables, and the cabinet can accommodate not only a television but also, if necessary, a stereo system, a dolby surround system and, more generally, any electrical appliance. The only limit of this type of solution is due to sizes: the choice of the “inches” of the TV depends on the space available in the cabinet.