Space-saving doors have become increasingly popular. Thanks to the constant investments in Research and Development made by the biggest brands in the industry, they now represent an excellent solution that combines functionality and design.
It is possible to install space-saving doors in virtually any type of space: from the bathroom to the kitchen, from the bedroom to the study, and of course in hallways and walk-in closets. The crucial thing is to identify the right product, able to guarantee excellent quality, durability and the perfect combination between performance and aesthetics.
You should also always keep in mind that, in general terms, an internal door isn’t just an architectural element designed to separate rooms and, therefore, ensure privacy. It is also a means to put different rooms in communication once the door is open. That is why choosing an interior door, whether it is a space-saving door or not, is a pivotal part of a complete interior design project.
Space-saving doors: ideal for small surfaces and spaces
The first and primary function of space-saving doors lies in their ability to delimit areas of limited dimensions. Alternatively, this solution could be optimal where a complex interlocking of several different openings occurs.
Whatever the case, it is now possible to focus on space-saving doors with an elegant and sophistical style, saving valuable centimeters without sacrificing aesthetic uniqueness.
Let’s take a look at the main types of space-saving doors currently on the market.
- Retractable doors: they are usually recommended for modern-style environments and disappear inside the wall. Obviously, this solution is never the right choice if there is a system in the wall.
- Exterior wall sliding doors: their visual impact is tremendous and makes these doors perfect for contemporary-style environments. They are considered an interesting alternative that exploits a double track and slides along the wall. Just remember that the wall in question will not be entirely usable.
- Revolving doors: when the action of pushing and pulling a door is an issue, for example in the case of limited mobility, this sort of “revolving” door is a good compromise because it features a particular opening mechanism that causes the door to rotate on itself.
- Folding doors: they are perfect for delimiting a study corner, a hallway, a small bathroom, or a walk-in closet. They can be composed of two or more panels, depending on the dimension the door will have to manage.
- Accordion doors: they are considered the cheapest solutions because they are typically lightweight and subjected to limited customizations. They can be effective for delimiting low-traffic spaces such as storage rooms or utility rooms because the door will not be subjected to constant stress.
How much does a space-saving door cost?
The factors that influence the cost of a space-saving door are several, and they can all significantly alter the final price of the product. For example, think about materials, finishes, customizations, locking systems, or any masonry work connected to its installation!
That is why offering a specific and unchangeable price is impossible. However, it is worth giving general indications for at least some types of space-saving doors, just to make you understand how costs can vary. The prices of exterior wall sliding doors range from around 600 euros up to over 800 euros for more sophisticated models (i.e., made of glass or double doors). As far as flush-to-the-wall doors, they are usually even less cheap, and their price can range from 400 euros to over 800 euros.
Given the extreme price variability when it comes to space-saving doors, our advice is to always get in touch with specialized companies such as RES, which, thanks to its team’s support, will help you find the best solutions for your needs and budget.